Discord is an application mainly for chatting gamers while playing games, but many users report that Discord keeps freezing. This can be a serious problem, but in today’s article, we’ll show you how to fix it. Because gamers lose their game and also their fun as they cannot continue their chat while gaming,
We have got this query many times in our comments section. And, today after a detailed go through, we are here with the solutions. Hope it works for all of you.
For any gamer, Discord is one of the most favourite app. If you like to chat while gaming, then Discord is the best option available to you. But as a matter of fact, many people are finding many issues while trying to install Discord on Windows 10. As most of the hardcore gamers actually use computers for gaming, o it is a major issue. The other major issue is discussed in this article.
Discord Freeze Reasons
- Key binding: Key binding is a feature supported by various applications. If two or more applications use the same keyboard shortcuts, you may encounter this and other similar problems.
- A freeze issue can occur when an application is running in compatibility mode. This is due to compatibility issues in the application.
- Hardware Acceleration: This feature can improve your performance, but it can also cause freezes, so you can disable it temporarily.
What if Discord keeps freezing? The problem is usually related to key bindings and to fix it be sure to disable all Discord key bindings. If that doesn’t fix the problem, turn off hardware acceleration in the Discord app.
Here’s what to do if Discord hangs when authenticating
- Disable key bindings
- Disable compatibility mode.
- Disable hardware acceleration
1. Disable key bindings
Key binding can sometimes cause Discord to freeze. This issue can be easily resolved by removing key bindings, so follow these steps.
- Open the Discord App.
- Click on Settings.
- Search associates a key and selects it. A list will appear and you will see a red cross on each button. To remove the key bindings, click the red cross icon. Do this for all key bindings. The issue will be resolved after removing the key bindings.
2. Disable compatibility mode
If Discord continues to freeze, the issue might be with compatibility mode. To fix this problem, try turning off Compatibility Mode for Discord.
- Close the application.
- Then right click on the Discord application.
- Select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Disable Run this program in compatibility mode for the option.
- Click Apply and OK.
Now restart your Discord app and if the freeze continues, follow the steps again and see if it stops.
3. Disable hardware acceleration
Disabling hardware acceleration can also help if Discord keeps freezing. So, follow these steps to disable hardware acceleration in an app.
- Open the Discord App.
- Then click Settings.
- After that select Appearance.
- In the right pane, click Advanced and then select Hardware Acceleration.
- Disable Hardware Acceleration, you may be asked to confirm; if so, click OK.
- After step 5, the application will restart and the problem will be fixed.
These are just a couple of solutions that might help you if Discord keeps freezing on your PC. If you found our solutions helpful, please let us know in the comments section below.
If you have any other issues associated with Discord, you can also have a visit at their official site. Please also let us know in the comments section. We would try our best to justify your query.